Looking to enhance your hair’s natural growth? Try these top tips for long, luxurious locks.
- Find your style. Is your hair wavy, curly or coily? Knowing your hair type will help you choose the right kinds of products to keep your tresses looking their best. If you’re not sure, ask your stylist for their opinion, and any products and treatments they might recommend.
- Don’t over-wash your hair. Keep your hair’s natural moisture locked in tight by only washing it once or twice a week. If you find that your hair breaks easily, you may even want to wash it every two to three weeks. Make sure all product is washed out of your hair, and reduce any potential damage by washing it in lukewarm water, and rinsing it in cold.
- Stay away from dryers. Avoid any damage by allowing your hair to dry naturally. Applying heat from a blow-dryer could cause it to break. Instead, simply rub your head with a towel, or wrap it in a silk scarf overnight to prevent any dryness or damage.
- Moisture is your friend. Keep your hair healthy and nourished by moisturising it regularly. The more hydrated your hair, the more elastic it will become, and the less likely it will be to break before it reaches the length you’re looking for.
- Visit your stylist. While it may seem strange to cut your hair if you’re trying to grow it, in fact regular trims will help take care of split ends, and can help to stimulate growth. You may also find your healthy, freshly cut locks easier to style as well.
- Invest in hair oil. Remember we talked about moisture? Hair oil can help here too, replenishing, nourishing and helping to prevent breakage and damage. You can also see your stylist for treatments – pampered hair is healthy hair!