Jun 20, 2017
Halfway through Shoprite’s six week #YellowPacketChallenge, Shoprite has donated groceries to the value of hundreds of thousands of Rands to numerous organisations across South Africa.
With its #YellowPacketChallenge, Shoprite is encouraging South Africans to pay it forward this winter by donating grocery bags filled with non-perishable, everyday essentials to individuals and organisations in need. And Shoprite is matching each donation made with a donation of its own.
These are just some of the organisations that have received goods from Shoprite as part of the campaign thus far:
- Gelvan Park Frail Aged Home (Eastern Cape)
- Ekuphumleni Old Age Home (Eastern Cape)
- Care Alicedale (Eastern Cape)
- Phoenix Rotary Home (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Feedy Needy (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa (CHOC) (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Lettie Fouche School for learners with special needs (Free State)
- Hyssop Action Movement (Gauteng)
- House of Hadassah (Gauteng)
- House of Dorah’s Lil Angels (Gauteng)
- University of the Western Cape (Western Cape)
- Baphumelele Children’s Home (Western Cape)
- Ons Plek (Western Cape)
- Vuma Soup Kitchen (Western Cape)
- St. Joseph’s Home (Western Cape)
The #YellowPacketChallenge runs until 9 July 2017. Share some kindness by filling a yellow packet with everyday essentials and give it to somebody less fortunate. Share this act of kindness on Shoprite SA’s Facebook page or on Twitter tagging @Shoprite_SA using the #YellowPacketChallenge hashtag and nominate a person or business to do the same. Shoprite will match every donation made with a donation of its own to great organisations like the above mentioned.