Doubling as an enjoyable activity and by far one of our favourite brunch ideas, these bunny pancakes turn a lazy morning meal into a playful event for the whole family. The pancake recipe itself is very easy to follow and there are no hard and fast rules about how to decorate your masterpieces, so go wild.
For the pancake batter:
2 large eggs
¼ cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups plain flour
4 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
For the toppings:
3 Bananas, sliced lengthways into bunnies ears
Whipped cream, for the tail and eyes
Chocolate drops, for the eyes
Strawberries for the feet
Chocolate chards, for the whiskers
- Whisk the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
- Add the milk and butter to the egg mixture and stir well until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture.
- Stir until mixed and there are no lumps.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes, it will thicken slightly.
- Heat a medium pan and grease. Drop half a ladle of mixture into the pan at a time.
- Flip once the top of the pancake starts to bubble slightly, the bottom should be golden brown.
- Once cooked on both sides, set aside to cool before garnishing.
- Serve immediately.