Coconut biscuits with white chocolate and speckled Easter eggs – these charming treats definitely have all the right ingredients to be an instant hit. Shaped and decorated to look like adorable little nests with eggs, this Biscuit recipe is perfect if you’re looking for Easter recipe ideas. They’re also simple enough to make, creating a great Easter activity for kids.
For the nests:
250 g butter, softened
1⁄2 cup castor sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla essence
2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
Pinch of salt
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Desiccated coconut, rolling
80 g white chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Cream the butter and sugar until creamy and pale in colour.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour and salt and combine to make elastic dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal balls. Shape these into nest shapes by placing your thumb into the centre.
- Dip into the egg whites, roll in coconut and place on greased baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, pour melted chocolate into the centre and top with speckled eggs.