Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
This roast beef in the oven is a set-and-forget recipe: perfect for a busy Christmas dinner. The slow roast beef cooks to deep brown perfection in the oven while you enjoy a Christmas cocktail or spend time catching up with family!
1. Preheat your oven to 165 °C, then season the meat all over.
2. Heat a pan or roasting dish on the stove to a high heat, then add oil and brown the beef roast on all sides.
3. Place the vegetables into the roasting dish, then season to taste.
4. Pour enough cold water into the tray to be about 1 cm deep, then place the browned beef onto the vegetables.
5. Bake for 1-2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
6. Once ready, rest for 20 minutes before serving (this last step is crucial for the best roast beef!).