Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
With a quick dry rub and an hour or two in the oven, you’ll have a spectacular beef rib-eye roast on your Christmas table in no time.
1. Take your meat out of the fridge and allow it to come fully up to room temperature before roasting.
2. Preheat your oven to 230 °C or as high as it will go.
3. Season your meat generously, then place fat side up on a roasting pan.
4. When your oven is up to temperature, place meat in the oven and roast at high heat for 20 minutes.
5. Reduce your oven temperature to 170 °C, then roast for about 35 minutes per kilogram of meat.