Zanele’s Beetroot Salad
This easy beetroot salad is the perfect side dish for your roast! This make-ahead salad recipe can be kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve your guests.
1. Boil your beetroot in lightly salted water until tender (test this by pricking them with a fork; it should come away easily).
2. Allow beetroot to cool, then rinse under cold water. This can be done ahead of time.
3. When almost ready to serve, place beetroot, spinach, chickpeas and red onion in a salad bowl.
4. Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and drizzle over the salad.
5. Season with salt and pepper then garnish with feta cheese.
Beetroot Salad Tip
Always run your beetroot in water once cooked – this prevents it from bleeding into your salad.
- 4 whole beetroots; peeled and diced
- 1 can chickpeas; drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion; sliced into thin rings
- 75 ml balsamic vinegar
- 45 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, for garnish