We know that braai season is all about firing up the grill but what about those cooler evenings when all you want is a delicious stew? We’ve got just the thing with our take on a traditional Sishebo recipe that requires a special ingredient – Championship Boerewors – to make a delicious Boerewors Sishebo Recipe! For other braai favourites, try our Gourmet Boerewors Roll Recipe
1. In a pot, fry your onion.
2. Add the curry powder, braai spice and tomatoes.
3. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the sliced boerewors and fry until it’s nearly cooked through.
5. Add the butternut, 2 cups of water and the beef stock.
6. Let everything simmer on a lower heat for 15–20 minutes.
7. Serve with braai pap.
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 ½ onions; chopped
• 1 tbsp. curry powder
• 1 tsp. braai spice
• 2 cups canned tomatoes
• 400 g Championship Boerewors; sliced
• 2 cups water
• 2 cups butternut; peeled and cubed
• 1 beef stock cube