Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté until brown.
2. Add the garlic, mince, cumin and ground coriander. Season and add the chutney.
3. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the fresh coriander, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 long pieces. Spoon some of the mixture in the middle of each strip. Brush the edges with egg. Fold over the filling to close.
6. Place the pies on a folding grid and braai over hot coals until browned.
7. Raise the grid and continue braaiing over slower coals for about 15 minutes until cooked.
Recipe originally seen on You/Media24.