Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Adding these easy soup dumplings to this quick soup recipe makes it a deliciously filling but also affordable soup recipe. With plenty of vegetables – and amasi! – this is a nutritious 30-minute family meal.
1. In a large pot, heat the oil until very hot and add the chicken, skin side down, to fry until just browned.
2. Set aside, then add oil, onion, carrots, celery and garlic.
3. Fry until just soft, then add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
4. Add stock cube and chicken. Boil until chicken is cooked, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove chicken, shred the meat with two forks and set aside.
6. While your soup is boiling, start on your dumplings. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients, make a well in the centre and add the egg, buttermilk and melted butter/margarine. Whisk with a fork to combine.
7. Add shredded chicken back to pot (add cream as well, if using), then spoon your dumpling mixture into the pot, one tablespoon-sized ball at a time.
8. Cook on low for about 5 minutes until the dumplings are cooked through, season to taste and serve warm.
Recipe originally seen on delish.com.
For the soup:
For the dumplings: