Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Incredibly comforting and delicious, this easy chicken pie recipe is a guaranteed favourite. Whether it’s on a winter’s day or an evening in, tucking into the golden pastry with its warm, saucy filling is something you won’t be able to get enough of.
Not only is it an affordable meal, but the combination of ready-made ingredients means these pastries are a breeze to make. Even better – you can bake extra pies to freeze for when you need a meal in a hurry.
1. Mix together the chicken, Rhodes Mixed Vegetables and parsley in a bowl.
2. Stir in the cream of chicken soup and season to taste.
3. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 even pieces.
4. Place a portion of chicken mixture onto 4 of the pastry pieces and cover with the remaining pastry pieces.
5. Press the open edges together with a fork and place the pies on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
6. Whisk the egg with the water and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
7. Bake the pies in an oven preheated to 180 ºC for 20–25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden, then serve.
Recipe supplied by Rhodes.
• Convert this into a chicken pot pie by simply adding your filling to an ovenproof bowl and covering the surface with a pastry lid.