Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
This hearty winter soup recipe uses only 5 ingredients, all of which you might already have in your fridge or cupboards! View more easy and affordable soup recipes.
1. Rinse and soak your beans according to package instructions, usually the night before.
2. When ready, drain your beans then add to a large pot and combine all ingredients (except if you’re using diced ham – then leave it out).
3. Cook until the beans are tender, about 1 ½ to 2 hours.
4. If using a ham hock, remove from soup and shred the meat, then add back into the pot. If using diced ham, add at this stage and let it heat through.
Recipe originally seen on delish.com.