Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Put some extra sparkle on the table this Christmas with our Honey Glazed Roast Gammon recipe. With this quick and easy Christmas gammon recipe, there’s plenty of time left over to enjoy the occasion with your family – or whip up one of our easy Christmas sides like crispy roast potatoes , roast sweet potatoes or even a creamy potato salad.
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C. Boil gammon in water for about 1 hour, then remove from the heat and allow to cool and dry.
2. With a sharp knife, trim off a thin layer of fat, then score the fat with the knife in a criss-cross pattern, and stick cloves in the gammon (following your scored pattern).
3. Place the gammon in an oven dish to prepare for the glaze.
1. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard and honey.
2. Coat the roast gammon liberally with gammon glaze then place pineapple and glazed cherries along the walls of the oven dish.
3. Place gammon in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, basting two or three times in-between.
4. Remove the Christmas gammon from the oven when golden brown and sticky, then allow to rest for a few minutes until serving.
5. If your family doesn’t manage to finish it for Christmas lunch, your gammon roast will keep well for 3-4 days in the fridge.