Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
This is no ordinary Christmas trifle: it is inspired by the traditional South African dessert (the famous Peppermint Crisp Tart) and combined with traditional Christmas cake for a very modern Christmas trifle.
1. Using an electric mixer, mix the caramel and cream together until light and soft.
2. Gently fold the peppermint chocolate into the mixture.
3. In a trifle bowl, layer your Christmas cake, then the caramel mixture.
4. Keep making layers until you’ve finished the ingredients.
5. Sprinkle some peppermint chocolate on top then chill in the fridge until serving time.
Looking for more Christmas dessert recipes? Try our Easy Trifle recipe or our Quick Tiramisu recipe.
Original recipe by Cooking with Zanele.