Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
1. Preheat your oven to 230 °C.
2. Place the pork skin side up on a flat surface, then cut from one side of the meat all the way to the other, making sure not to cut the meat – only the skin and fat.
3. Repeat this cut every 1cm or so all the way across, then repeat this from the other side so that you end up with a criss-cross pattern all over the pork leg.
4. Rub the pork leg with oil, then add your seasoning and rub it into to the meat.
5. Place all your veggies into the roasting tray with a bit of oil, then add the pork on top of the vegetables.
6. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the skin is crisp, then turn the oven down to 165 °C or until the meat is juicy and falling apart.
7. Remove your pork from the roasting tray and place aside, then place your vegetables in a pot and sprinkle a handful of flour over them.
8. Mash the vegetables with a fork or masher, then add enough boiling water to the roasting tray to be about 2-3cm deep.
9. Cook over the heat until the flour has thickened, and you have a bubbling gravy.
9. Add more water if needed, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Strain the gravy through a sieve.
10. Serve the pork with the gravy and your choice of Christmas sides.