Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
This indulgent chocolate trifle recipe will have you and your guests begging for more! This simple Christmas dessert recipe can be made ahead of time, so you can make it the day before and pop it in the fridge.
1. Preferably make your Christmas trifle in a longer glass bowl (so you can show off your layers).
2. Either cut or crumble your first layer of cake into the bowl.
3. Prepare your chocolate pudding mix as per the instructions on the packet, then add a layer of pudding onto the cake in your bowl.
4. Whip your cream or filling until it has soft peaks, then add a layer of this onto the pudding.
5. This is also where you will add your chopped fruit, if you choose.
6. Crumble or grate over a handful of your favourite chocolate bar, then start the process again with the cake.
7. Continue to layer until you run out of ingredients. You can top the trifle with more whipped cream or filling and a crumble of chocolate, or a sprinkling of fruit – it’s up to you!
8. Preferably let your trifle rest a few hours or overnight to let the flavours develop before serving.