Along with braai season comes other traditional favourites like potjiekos. This is a great way to cook that requires very little effort as all the ingredients can be thrown into the pot long before dinner time to make a yummy Boerewors Potjie Recipe. Loving the new Championship Boerewors? Try our Boerewors Pasta Recipe .
1. Fry the onion in the potjie with cumin and chilli powder.
2. Brown the boerewors with the onions and add the potatoes.
3. Add the chopped garlic, chilli flakes, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and beef stock.
4. Let your mixture simmer with the lid closed for 2 hours and serve with your favourite side dish.
• 1 pack Championship Boerewors; cut into pieces
• 2 onions
• 1 tbsp. oil, for frying
• 1 tbsp. cumin
• 1 tbsp. smoked chilli powder
• 2 cloves garlic; chopped
• 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp. tomato paste
• 2 cans chopped tomatoes
• 2 cups beef stock
• 3 potatoes