Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
This delicious chocolate tiramisu recipe is inspired by the Italian classic. Made up of scrumptious coffee-infused chocolate cake and fluffy, creamy layers of cottage cheese, this really is something extra special. If you love this chocolate tiramisu, try one of our other easy dessert recipes too!
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and dust with cornflour.
2. Sponge cake: Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add half the sugar and whisk until the mixture is stiff and shiny. Beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar until the mixture is pale and thick.
3. Sift together the cake flour, cornflour, cocoa and baking powder and fold into the egg yolk mixture. Fold in the egg whites and spoon the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly. Bake for 8–10 minutes.
4. Coffee: Mix the ingredients.
5. Cottage cheese: Mix cottage cheese, zest and sugar.
6. If making individual servings, cut out 4–6 cake circles and put each in a glass. If making one large dessert, place your cake layer into a dish and cut to size.
7. Pour a little of the coffee mixture over and spoon a layer of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Repeat until the glasses are full, ending with a layer of cottage cheese mixture.
8. Dust with cocoa powder or scatter sprinkles on top. Chill until ready to serve.
Love this easy tiramisu? View more of our easy dessert recipes.
Sponge Cake Layer: