Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Try this traditional fridge tart and its colourful granadilla jelly topping for a fun, fruity dessert. It’s simple, delicious and, best of all, easy to make. This is a well-loved South African recipe and is perfect for a post-braai dessert on a sunny day. Between its creamy texture and crumbly biscuit crust, this one is definitely set to make hearts melt.
1. Whisk the jelly powder into the boiling water until dissolved. Stir in the Rhodes Granadilla Pulp and set aside to cool completely.
2. Combine the crushed biscuits and butter and press into small loose-bottomed moulds or a large pie dish.
3. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and slowly beat in the condensed milk until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Pour the jelly mixture over the top of the tart and return to the fridge to set overnight.