Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
You simply can't go wrong with well-prepared, perfectly sauced, dripping with tastiness, fall-off-the-bone ribs. This pork ribs recipe might take a little longer to prepare, but in the end it will all be worth it – and everyone will agree. Marinate these in the fridge overnight for the most flavourful and best possible results. Serve with potato wedges, a side salad and plenty of napkins.
1. To make the rib marinade, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 4 minutes until soft and golden. Add the spices. Stir for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the brown sugar and lemon juice and stir until combined. Add the chutney, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, apricot jam and the water. Lightly season with salt and black pepper.
3. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Place the ribs in a large dish and pour the marinade over. Marinate overnight or at least 2 hours.
5. Cook ribs on the braai for 15 to 20 minutes.