Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
All the prices and specials will be from this store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
A very sought-after dish at the Sunday lunch table and a firm favourite at braais, adding a three bean salad to your menu is never a bad idea – especially if you want a vegan- and vegetarian-friendly recipe.
This salad uses a cooked salad dressing, which means it can be stored in the fridge for up to a week and is perfect for a quick and easy braai side. Go wild and add fresh coriander and chilli for a spicier taste.
Pair this simple side dish with our juicy pork ribs.
1. To make the dressing, place the vinegar and chutney in a small pan. Combine the sugar, masala, cornflour and water. Mix until smooth, then pour into the pan.
2. Stir over medium heat until thickened, then add the green pepper. Allow to simmer for a few seconds, remove from heat and stir in the oil.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the Rhodes Butter Beans, Rhodes Green Beans, Rhodes Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce and the onion.
4. Add the dressing, season to taste, then mix. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight, before serving.
Recipe supplied by Rhodes.
Love this recipe? Try one of our other delicious salad recipes.