Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Instant cash savings on your groceries
- Free airtime deals on products you love
- VIP access to exclusive promotions
- Automatic competition entries
1. Preheat your oven to the highest temperature – preferably around 230ºC.
2. Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork diagonally with lines running 1-2cm apart.
3. Rub olive oil on belly. Season with salt and pepper, then roast in the oven for approximately 90 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
4. In a saucepan, melt sugar, then add sugar, vinegar, garlic, paprika, cumin and steak and chops spice.
5. Cook until it thickens to a syrupy consistency.
6. Pour over pork belly and grill for another 20 minutes or until deeply brown and sticky.
Original recipe by Cooking with Zanele.